Last week The Babarazzi were contacted by YogaCityNYC and asked if we could be interviewed. We’ve had a number of requests offered for such meetings, however, YCNYC was the first to respect our “conditions” in regards to personal interviews.
We would like to thank YCNYC for their willingness to meet us in a random locale, for their interest in our work, and for sending such an attractive interviewer.
You may read the full interview here.
As our entire discussion was scribbled into a notebook with a pen by the interviewer, naturally there are a few corrections to the piece:
- At the beginning of the interview Aghori offered sunflower seeds and cranberries, not raisins.
- Collectively we call ourselves “The Babarazzi,” however, the person we sent forward for the interview was “Aghori Babarazzi.”
- We would say Aghori’s outfit was more “Bedouin chic” than burka.
- The Babarazzi are typically without, or are of many, genders.
- The name “Babarazzi” is a hybrid of “baba” and “paparazzi,” not “babu” and “paparazzi.”
- The aghorin of India (pardon the generalization) take on the scorn of others in order to overcome the ego, rather than simply make people angry.